The StopAd Switch is Greyed Out in Safari, How Do I Fix It?
StopAd is the perfect tool for blocking ads on the iPhone. Please note that Apple allows content blockers to work only in Safari. However, when you download StopAd, you will get an amazing ad blocker for your device which blocks different types of ads in the Safari browser.
If you notice that StopAd is grey in Safari and not working, here’s how you can fix it.
First, you will need to access your iPhone Settings. Find the labeled “Restrictions”, which can disable certain features, block certain websites, and prevent certain purchases from being made. Access to the Restrictions menu may even be protected with a passcode, thereby helping to ensure that you are the only one that make changes to the Restrictions settings.
Step 1. Disable the Restrictions in Settings
- Go to Settings > General > Restrictions and enter your passcode.
- Scroll down to the Allowed Content section.
- If you have any restrictions set for websites other than “All,” you need to disable them in order to activate your StopAd (alternatively, just turn Restrictions off).
Step 2. You need to enable Content Blocker for Safari
- Go to the Settings > Safari > Content Blockers.
- Enable StopAd.
Step 3. Re-enable your Restrictions
- Go to the Settings > General > Restrictions > Websites
- The Content Blockers screen will be greyed out once more, but StopAd will still be active.
We also have a video in the StopAd application where you can see how to enable StopAd on your device
If you have any other questions, you can contact our StopAd Customer Support Department, available 24/7 to help resolve any issues