Cannot Open the Page in Safari
Cannot Open the Page in Safari with StopAd
StopAd blocks all types of ads, such as pop-up ads, youtube ads, online adverts, in Safari and other web browsers installed on your Mac. To learn how to download and install StopAd ad blocker on Mac, follow this link: https://stopad.io/help/mac/how-to-install
If you cannot open a web page in Safari after you’ve installed our ad blocker, please follow these instructions:
- Troubleshoot the cause of the error. To help with this, check if you see any error messages. In some cases, there might be some hints which suggest ways to solve the problem or include useful information.
- Double-check the URL (make sure it is correct.)
When you are 100% sure that the StopAd application is the cause of the problem, the tips below might be helpful:
- Disable the StopAd Ad Blocker for the specific website when you are asked to whitelist the page or turn off your ad blocker. Find the green icon(Web Assistant) on the right lower corner of the screen; click on it and disable the “Ad Blocker” feature on this site. Reload the page
- If you disabled the Web Assistant, in Settings you may easily whitelist any website by adding a couple of rules to your “Rules Editor”. These are the whitelist rules: @@||example.com^$document and @@||example.com (e.g. if you want to whitelist YouTube, you should enter 2 separate rules: @@||youtube.com^$document and @@||youtube.com)
- Clear your web browser cache, and restart the browser
Clearing Cache and Cookies on Safari 8.0 - 10.0:
- Click Safari in the upper left-hand side of your screen. In the menu that appears, click Preferences
- In the window that appears, click the Privacy tab. Click the button Remove All Website Data
- Click Remove Now in the pop-up window that appears.
If StopAd has stopped working and you don’t see the Web Assistant icon:
- Quit the program, and restart your Mac
- After system restart, clear your cache and cookies in Safari, and relaunch the browser.
- Reinstall the StopAd program
Our Customer Support Department is ready 24/7 to help resolve any issues