I Still See Ads with StopAd on My Mac
What to do to block ads on your Mac?
Check if you can see a green and white hand (Web Assistant) at the bottom right corner of the website.
If you click the Web Assistant and select Block Element, you can manually block any element of the page, in this case, an unexpected ad on Mac.
Note! If advertisements run before or during videos, be careful when using the Block Element option, because you can accidentally block the actual video.
If you don’t see the Web Assistant icon in your browser, please try the following:
- Clear your browser cache and cookies.
- Reinstall StopAd certificates.
- Open your browser, click on the Apple logo in the top-left corner, choose Force Quit, and force quit your browser.
- Open StopAd, click on the Apple logo in the top-left corner, choose Force Quit, and force quit StopAd.
- Open the Keychain Access application (you can do this using Spotlight search which you can open by clicking on the tiny magnifying glass in the top-right corner of your screen and typing “Keychain Access.”)
- Choose Certificates at the bottom of the Keychain Access window.
- At the top-right corner of the Keychain Access window, you should see a search line. Type in “StopAd” and hit Return.
- Next, you should see a StopAd Local CA certificate. Right-click or command-click on it and choose Delete StopAd Local CA.
- Open StopAd, then start your browser to check if the problem is solved
If you face any difficulties or have any questions, please contact our
Support Department, which is ready 24/7 to help resolve any issues.