I Still See Ads on YouTube
How to Block Ads on YouTube
YouTube is the most popular video hosting platform, and it is full of paid advertisements. Luckily for you, there is StopAd to block these advertisements entirely. StopAd blocks ads in all of your browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer and installed applications.
If you have StopAd installed, but you are still seeing ads on YouTube, there are different ways you can troubleshoot this issue:
- Check if you see a green hand at the bottom right corner of the webpage. This is your Web Assistant. If you click it and select Block element, then you can simply choose what you want to block.
Note! If advertisements run before and during videos you can not use the Block Element option, because you may accidentally block the whole video.
If you don’t see the Web Assistant icon (Green/Grey hand) in your browser, please follow the instructions below:
- Reinstall StopAd certificates. To do this, open your StopAd application. At the bottom left corner of the StopAd window, click on StopAd Settings → General settings, then click on the “Reinstall certificate” button.
- Try clearing your browser cache and cookies.
- Send us your feedback using the Improve StopAd option, you can easily access this option through your Web Assistant or via the StopAd application. While on a webpage, find the green/grey hand icon at the bottom right corner. Click the icon and on the menu bar select “Report a problem”(you need to fill in all of the fields and take a screenshot). Also, you can do the same using the StopAd application itself. Open the StopAd program, and in the bottom right corner, click on “Improve StopAd” and report a problem.
There are some other reasons why you might still see ads on YouTube:
- YouTube is whitelisted. Please check your Rules Editor in Stopad (Settings → Rules Editor). If you see ""@@||youtube.com"", delete it.
- Another extension is interfering with StopAd. Disable all of your extensions. Try to watch your video again. If that helps, one of the extensions you disabled is somehow interfering with StopAd.
Our Customer Support Department is ready 24/7 to help resolve any issues https://stopad.io/support