How Do You Get Rid of Pop-up Ads on YouTube?
Consider YouTube Red
YouTube Red is a paid membership created to deliver an improved, ad-free experience across YouTube (including YouTube Music and YouTube Gaming). The price varies from around $5.46 for Mexican users to $9.99 for those from the US.
Note: that the subscription is currently available only in the US, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, and Mexico.
If you don’t watch tons of videos on a daily basis, you can try downloading videos to your computer.
You can download any video by simply adding “ss” into the link in the address line on top of your browser (like this https://www.ssyoutube.com/). Alternatively, you can use third-party websites such as ClipGrab or FonePaw.
Get a High-quality Ad Blocker
All you have to do in this case is to install a good ad blocker, like StopAd. It will not only block ads on YouTube, but on all other websites as well. All the work will be taken care of for you.
You can use StopAd Web Assistant to block ads manually. Underneath the “Ad Blocker” you will see the "Block element" option. It allows you to select any element on a web page and remove it from the website.
Modify Your Browser Settings
If you choose this method, you will need to change settings in every browser.
- Open Chrome, and click the three dots button at the top right corner.
- Find Settings in the drop-down menu, and click it.
- Scroll down, and click the Advanced button.
- Click Content, and pick pop-ups from the drop-down menu.
- Switch to Blocked, and add whitelisted links if needed.
- Open Safari Preferences.
- Pick the Security Tab.
- Enable Block pop-up windows.
- Open Preferences.
- Type Pop-up in the search bar.
- Check the box next to Block pop-up windows.
Please Note: That blocking ads on a browser-level isn’t completely reliable. There is a good chance you will still see some ads.